AUDREY & HIM IS A SUSTAINABLE SALON
Sustainable Salons is a social enterprise that helps its salon members reduce their impact on the planet and invest in local communities.
Minimise the salon footprint
Sustainable salons have established a network of collectors, recyclers, manufacturers and distributors to make sure up to 95% of materials from salons are diverted from landfill.
- Our plastics are collected, cleaned and upcycled into new products.
- All salon metals (including foil) and paper are sold for recycling, and the proceeds are donated to OzHarvest and KiwiHarvest to provide meals for hungry people.
- Hair is collected from the salon floor and stuffed into stockings to make Hair Booms that can one day help clean up oil spills along our coastlines.
- All collected ponytails 20cm or longer are distributed to charitable organisations to create wigs for those suffering from cancer or alopecia.
- Chemicals are collected, pooled and sent to chemical recycling plants where they’re neutralised and turned into recycled water.
- Select disposable hygiene products used during treatments are pulled apart and the materials are sent for repurposing.
We charge a $3 Green Fee with every appointment that goes towards making these incredible changes.